Terms and Conditions
The following Terms and Conditions apply to this offer and must be met in full, to be eligible for payment.
1. Offer applies to existing home installations, only (new builds excluded), and property must be covered by the natural gas network owned by Australian Gas Networks (AGN). Use this postcode list to double-check eligibility in Victoria and New South Wales. AGN owns the natural gas network in South Australia and Northern Territory, so no postcode review is required. Transportable or demountable homes are classified as 'new build properties' and do not qualify for this offer.
2. Offer is specifically for eligible natural gas hot water appliances installed as part of a pre-existing gas connection ('existing gas connection'), where the connection is complete and the gas meter has been installed for 6 months or longer. A property re-connecting to natural gas is still classed as an existing gas connection.
3. The hot water appliance must be fuelled only by natural gas to qualify for the $500 hot water rebate rate. Gas-boosted solar hot water systems qualify only for a $100 rebate.
4. Limit 1 x $500 hot water rebate payable per metered property (limits apply across AGN's previous campaigns). Further, the $500 rebate is only payable if the new hot water system is the main hot water system for the property and if it is is an upgrade of a non-natural gas hot water system (e.g. an upgrade of an electric hot water system). This means that the rebate does not apply if the new hot water system is a replacement of a previous natural gas hot water system (e.g. even if a natural gas hot water storage system is replaced with an instantaneous natural gas hot water system, or vice versa), nor does it apply if the property already has a natural gas hot water system and the new system is being installed in a second (or third, etc.) bathroom or extension. If any of these conditions are not met, the maximum rebate payable is $100.
5. No rebate is payable if a dedicated natural gas hot water system is replaced with a gas-boosted solar hot water system. However, a $500 rebate is available when a gas-boosted solar hot water system is upgraded to a dedicated natural gas hot water system, provided this is the main hot water system for the property (otherwise, only a $100 rebate applies).
6. To qualify for this rebate: appliance must be purchased no later than the end of the relevant promotion period (31 December 2022). If the appliance is installed between 1 January 2022 and 31 October 2022, a rebate claim (or cashback claim; see below information on how to claim) must be lodged by 31 December 2022 to qualify for payment. If the appliance is installed between 1 November 2022 and 31 December 2022, a rebate or cashback claim must be lodged by 28 February 2023 to qualify for payment. No rebate will be paid to appliance installations outside of the current promotion period.
7. At a minimum, a claim lodged for this offer must include a Gas Certificate of Compliance (or equivalent, terminology varies across states) and sufficient documentation to support the supply and installation of the relevant natural gas appliance/s (more details in the 'How to claim' section). AGN will determine whether a claim meets all the set criteria for payment, which may include verifying that the gas connection is complete and checking gas consumption.
8. A small business may qualify for this offer, provided financial assistance has not been received from AGN's commercial division.
How to Claim
Rebates can be claimed in one of two ways.
Option 1. Claim via a rebate supplier.
You can either choose a participating rebate supplier, who will be able to complete the natural gas work you require (including supply and/or installation of your natural gas appliance/s) and manage the rebate claim for you. Under this option, you’ll receive your rebate either as a discount from price or as a refund after your rebate supplier has received payment from AGN. Use this directory to find rebate suppliers closest to your area.
Your chosen rebate supplier will take care of the rebate paperwork for you - it's as simple as that.
Option 2. Claim direct via AGN's cashback website.
Alternatively, you can claim direct from AGN, once appliance installation is complete. Use our cashback website to lodge a claim. To submit a successful cashback claim, you'll need to provide the following:
1. A copy of the Gas Certificate of Compliance (also called 'Gas Compliance Certificate').
2. An installer's invoice (e.g. from your chosen gasfitter) to cover the supply and installation of the appliance OR a proof of purchase for the appliance (e.g. purchase receipt) and an installer's invoice - in cases where you have bought your appliance independently of your installer.
3. Your gas meter number or 'Meter Installation Registration Number' (MIRN).
Approved claims will be paid as a cashback deposited direct to the nominated bank account (EFT transfer).