1800 898 220
There are currently no supply outages on our South Australia network. To report an outage, or if you're unexpectedly without gas supply please contact our Gas Supply Faults hotline on 1800 898 220.
Supply Outages: There are currently no supply outages on our South Australia network. To report an outage, or if you're unexpectedly without gas supply and want more information, please contact our Gas Supply Faults hotline on 1800 898 220. Read more about gas outages, leaks, and emergencies.
Coronavirus Update: Our focus is to maintain the reliability of energy supply for the community and ensure our critical operations remain fully operational. Our priority is the health and well-being of our employees, contractors, service providers and customers during these challenging times. More information is available here.Dismiss
Australian Gas Networks and the Australian gas sector has a clear vision for a low carbon future using renewable gases such as hydrogen and biomethane. We know we need to deliver on this vision to help Australia meet national and state-based emissions reductions targets, whilst also maintaining reliability of energy supply and lowest cost to our customers.
Hydrogen Park South Australia and Hydrogen Park Gladstone will demonstrate how we can use the existing gas network to deliver blended renewable gas to customers - the Australian Hydrogen Centre (AHC) is the next step in our journey, delivering feasibility studies on blending 10% renewable hydrogen into towns and cities, and plans for a 100% renewable gas future.
Established in late 2019, the $4.15 million Australian Hydrogen Centre (AHC) is backed by a $1.28 million Australian Renewable Energy Agency (ARENA) grant with a two year work program to help accelerate the renewable gas industry by:
• Completing comprehensive studies to decarbonise gas consumption in Victoria and South Australia
• Developing project plans to inject 10% renewable hydrogen into selected regional towns
• Sharing the learnings from Hydrogen Park South Australia to apply to other renewable gas projects
• Expanding the market for renewable electricity generation
• Establishing a platform for other states to decarbonise their gas consumption by leveraging on the Victorian and South Australian feasibility studies
• Establishing a large domestic market for renewable hydrogen
Importantly, it will also raise community awareness on the use of renewable gas and how this technology may be deployed in the future.
The AHC has received funding support from ARENA and founding members South Australia’s Department for Energy and Mining, Victoria’s Department of environment, Land, Water and Planning, gas and energy infrastructure businesses, AGN and AusNet Services, and leading renewable energy companies, ENGIE and Neoen.
• Q4 2019: Project start date
• Q1 2020: Official announcement of the Australian Hydrogen Centre by the Federal Minister for Energy and Emissions Reduction the Hon Angus Taylor MP
• Q1 2020: Selection of Regional Towns report
• Q2 2021: 10% hydrogen blending in Regional Town feasibility report
• Q1 2022: State feasibility reports (10% blending and 100% hydrogen networks)